Thursday, July 24, 2008

Will Ferrell: Just be YOURSELF!

Will Ferrell is a funny actor, (wait for it...) when he ISN'T actually acting. Consistently his rolls are far funnier when he is playing ridiculous characters YET as himself and not trying to act like them. Ex. mid 90s Saturday Night Live skits, Zoolander, Old School, Elf, Wedding Crashers, and Anchorman, (did I miss any other gut busting funny ones?)

On the flipside, there is Talledega Nights, Kicking and Screaming (which I actually liked) and Bewitched proof that when WF tries to act funny, its a piece of poo floating in the pool of comedy. Below is proof the Frank the Tank still has "it" oh and how lucky is John C. Reilly to be his wingman. I only hope Step Brothers (released July 25th) is WF and JCR having a good time that just happens to be on a movie set.

After all, acting as yourself in every roll worked for Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Keanu Reeves, Nicolas Cage, Sam Elliott, Anthony Anderson, and Steven Seagal (I'm sure I missing some others) and they seem to be doing alright.

Here's the link since ESPN wouldn't let me copy the video directly not that I'm bitter: http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?categoryId=null&brand=null&videoId=3498952&n8pe6c=2

Eternally Streaking through the quad to the gymnasium!
WC

No comments: